Keyboard shortcuts are a bunch of key combination you press in the keyboard to exhibit an effect. They allow you to do most common tasks with only a couple of keypress. Learning how to use keyboard shortcuts will increase your productivity by ten-fold or more. Most people don’t know about these useful keys, so let’s take a look at the most useful keyboard shortcuts for Windows 7 and 8.1
Become More Efficient on Your Computer By Learning Shortcut Keys For Windows 7 and 8.1
Speed-up Work With Keyboard Shortcuts For Windows 7 and XP
- Win Key: The most basic of the keyboard shortcut is the windows key. It is the key with the windows logo sandwiched between the CTRL and ALT key. Pressing this key brings out the start menu on Windows 7 or the start screen in Windows 8.1.
- Win + E: Pressing this key combination brings out the windows explorer window. The explorer windows allows you to easily browse your files and folders. It will save you time from manually clicking the My Computer Icon
- Win + D: This key combination will hide all open windows and shows you the desktop. Every open window will be minimized, pressing the shortcut again will revert them back to their position. Useful if you want to click an icon on the desktop and there’s a lot of open windows along the way.
- Win + L: This will lock the computer. You will need to enter the login password to use it again. It is similar to using the lock option on the start menu. Useful if you don’t want other people snooping on your computer.
- Win + Tab: This will show you the all your open programs in a cool 3D style. This is done via Aero3D so if you have it disabled it might not work. It is similar to alt+tab except you get a better preview image.
You May Like: How To Remove Shortcut Virus From Pendrive
Most Useful Windows 8.1 Keyboard Shortcuts
- Win + X: This keyboard combination brings out a hidden menu full of advance options for the power user. This is useful if you want to customize windows.
- Win + Q: This launches the general search. It allows you to search for files, installed apps, settings, and even items on the Onedrive and the Windows Store. This is extremely useful if you don’t remember where to find a setting.
- Win + (1 to 9): Pressing the Win key alongside with a number will run that item in the taskbar. It is similar to the hotkey functions in most games. For example, pressing Win + 1 will run the first pinned taskbar item. This functionality will save you a lot of time from clicking.
- Win + (+/-): Pressing the Windows key with the plus(+) or minus(-) sign will bring out the magnifier. The magnifier allows you enlarge tiny text. It is useful if you have a bad eyesight or have problems reading text.
- Win + G: This key combo cycles through all the open gadgets you have on your desktop. It allows you to easily use a gadget and saves you a mouse click.
These are the most useful keyboard shortcuts for Windows 7, 8.1. Please note that Windows 7 shortcuts actually works for Windows 8.1 too. You can use them fine in Windows 8.1 and they have similar effects. However, Windows 8.1 shortcuts will not work with Windows 7. These shortcut keys will save you a lot of time and make you more productive so please keep them in mind.