Windows systems come with inbuilt firewalls to protect your PC from external Attacks from hackers and malware. You can also install third party firewall program hat can boost protection. There are times that you may need to disable the firewall Temporarily.
Enable and disable firewall in windows
Step-By-Step process to Disable Windows Firewall
You can disable the firewall by following these steps;
For Windows XP;
- Click the start button and select “Run”
2 . Enter “firewall. pi” and click “ok”
- Choose the tab labeled “General” and hit “Off” and click “Ok”.
For windows vista;
- Click the start button and choose control panel. Click security and then hit Firewall
- Select “Turn firewall on or off” Enter the administrator password if asked to.
- Choose “Off”(not recommended). Click Ok
For windows 7;
- Click the Start button and choose “Control Panel”.
- Enter firewall in the “search control panel text box and hit the enter key. Click“Windows firewall”.
- Select “Turn windows firewall on or off” click the radio button for “Turn off windows
Firewall (not recommended)” under both “Home or work (private) network location
Settings” and public network location settings.”Click Ok”.
- Only disable your firewall if you are doing something with your computer that the Firewall interferes with, such as file sharing and turn the firewall back on when Through.
- If you don’t have to be online to do what you are doing, disconnect your computer from The internet. This keeps your computer protected when the firewall is disabled.
- Scan your computer at least weekly with an antivirus program if you regularly leave Your firewall turned off.
You May Like: 5 Social Bookmarking Widgets for Blogs and Websites
Steps to Turn on Windows Firewall, Enabling Windows
Note: Only one software firewall should be enabled at a time. In case you have third Party antivirus program or other security program on your systemake sure it is Disabled first.
- Click start and in the search for programs text box, type “firewall” and press enter.
- In the “Found Programs”, click Windows Firewall.
- If the firewall windows is enabled the windows firewall state will be on. If it’s off,
Click Change settings or turn windows firewall on or off in the left column.
- In the “Firewall Setting” window, choose on and click “ok”.
For Windows XP users;
Tip: Windows XP comes pre-installed with a firewall feature, although it’s not
Enabled by default. Below are the steps to be followed to enable this utility.
- Click start, settings, control panel and open Network Connections.
- Within the network connection window, right the Local Area Connection and choose
- At the Local Area Connection Properties window, click the “Advanced” tab.
- Lastly, check the Protect my computer and network by limiting or preventing access to
This computer from the Internet option.