If your laptop or desktop requires formatting, but your DVD or optical drive is not working don’t fret. If you own a 4GB or more USB/pen drive, you can easily make it bootable, and then use it to format your PC. Even more interesting is that you don’t necessarily require software to make your usb bootable. Instead, all you need is a 4 GB pen drive, a fresh copy of windows 7 or 8.1, and simple coding instructions to pan it out. That being said, here’s step by step guide on to make usb bootable without using any kind of software
Create Bootable USB Without Any Software
Make USB Bootable To Install OS From USB In Windows
- First and foremost, plug in the USB/pen driver into your computer then find and double click on the command prompt in the start menu. Once done, right click on the USB/pen-drive then navigate down to run it as the administrator.
- Now, put your caps lock on then type DISKPART before pressing “enter.” Next try typing ‘list disk’. This should display all the drives you have in your system. Once done, go ahead and try finding the number of your USB/pen drive, after which you can select it before clicking on “enter.”
- Your next step requires you to type the word clean on your command prompt. This should allow the utility to completely clean the USB drive, as confirmed by the diskPart
Also Read: Increase PC Speed and Performance on windows
- At this point you’re free to create primary partition before clicking on enter. After that, try typing active before clicking on “enter.” This should activate your current partition.
- Next, format the key by entering “format fs=fat32″. This will run for a few minutes, as Diskpart displays the progress in percentage.
- To assign a drive letter to your USB key, type ASSIGN. Once done you can close the Diskpart by typing exit.
- Then lastly, copy the installation files of your operating system from the original DVD, extracting ISO into the USB/pen drive. Now you can install OS from usb as like from dvd.