Do you want to install Windows 8.1, 8 from usb to your PC/Laptop and don’t know to boot windows 8 from usb? Don’t worry; here we will guide you windows 8.1 bootable usb through step by step procedure to do the same.
Guide To Boot Windows 8.1, 8 from USB
- ISO file of the Windows 8.1, 8 (32-bit or 64-bit) operating system.
- A USB pendrive
- For 32-bit Windows: Minimum 4GB
- For 32-bit Windows: Minimum 8GB
- WinToUSB software, WINTOUSB download
Steps to Boot Windows 8.1 From USB Drive
Step 1: WinToUSB Installation. Download and install WinToUSB software on your PC/Laptop. To install this program you need administrative privileges of the system. You can do this by right-click on the WinToUSB file and select “Run as administrator” option.
Step 2: Format your usb or pendrive. Backup all the files (if any) from your pendrive before formatting.
Step 2: Create Bootable Pedrive and install windows 8.1. To make your pendrive a bootable you need to follow some simple steps.
1. Run WinToUSB software. In the prompt window browse the location of your Windows 8.1 ISO file or windows 8.1 disc. Click Next
2. Now you need to select three things: destination disk, system partition and boot partition.
3. After selecting these three things, click Next. Now, installation begins. It will take around 30 min to 1 hr, depending upon the configuration of your PC/Laptop and pendrive.
Also Read: Check And Fix Disk Errors In Windows
Step 3: Steps To Boot Windows 8.1 from USB
1. Insert pendrive, then restart your computer.
2. In bios setting change “flash drive” as your first option under boot option.
3. Now, install Windows 8.1 like you install it using DVD.
Now, you know to install Windows 8.1, 8 using USB or pendrive. Go ahead. Install your windows 8.1.
Note: If you are installing windows for the first time, it is recommended to backup all files of your computer/PC before trying windows 8 installation.