Sometimes, when you plug a USB device to your computer you may receive a Usb Device not recognized or usb port not working pop up message. If your USB device is not detected, then we will show you how you can troubleshoot usb not recognized error.
Quick Steps To Fix Usb Device Not Recognized For Windows
Troubleshoot Usb Device Not Recognized Windows 7, 8.1
1. First you should check if your USB device is functioning properly, you can do this by trying to connect your device to another computer/laptop.
2. Next, you should check if the problem is with your usb port. If other devices like keyboard, wireless mouse, headphones are working on that same port means that your USB port is working fine.
3. If your device and USB port both are working fine means the problem is most probably with your USB driver because USB devices most often crash due to corrupted software drivers.In this case follow the below steps to uninstall and then reinstall USB drivers.
Also Read: Install Windows OS From USB
Follow Quick Steps To Resolve Usb Not Recognized Error Windows 8, 7
- Press “Windows” + “R”,a run window will open
- In the “Open” box of the run window type “devmgmt.msc” and press “Enter”
- This will open the Device manager
- Click on the arrow besides “Universal Serial Bus controllers”
- Right click on each USB port and then click on “Uninstall”
- Restart your computer and wait for Windows to re-installs USB controllers.
- Try to connect your USB device again.
The above specified method fix usb not recognized error will work for windows 7, 8/8.1, and xp.