There are a number of reasons why you might want to block websites on your computer and to access blocked websites others which may for some reason or other remain blocked. Some websites display explicit results or spread viruses and these may require blocking especially if you are not the only person accessing your computer. On the other hand, you might want to access censored sites if they have something to offer like a sense of freedom or the possibility of greater interaction with like-minded users.
Block A Website Or Unblock A Website, Here Is The Procedure
Easy Steps To Open Blocked Websites In Windows
There are several ways to access blocked websites on your computer. If the block occurs at the administrator level of your computer using the method of DNS filtering and redirection, you can use the option changing the DNS settings on your windows computer can allow you to access previously blocked sites.
- In order to do this you need to have administrator access level on your computer Sign in to your PC using an administrator account and go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\ in the file named hosts you will find the list of blocked IP addresses and internet sites and from here you can unblock these by deleting ip’s.
You May Like: Protect, hide and Unhide Files and Folders in windows
Quick Steps To Block Websites In Windows PC
- The same procedure can be used to block websites on windows except that you have to do the exact opposite. Sites can be blocked on specific browsers, on the operating system, or on the network router.
- To block a website on the operating system level go to the HOSTS file (C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\) which stores web surfing information in the computer when here double-click the file named hosts after which you select notepad from the lists of programs to enable the editing of security preferences.
- At the end of the file you can add the addresses of the websites you want to block with 127.0.0.1 preceding the site you would like block. A Facebook block would look something like this “127.0.0.1 www.facebook.com”.
- Repeat this procedure for all sites that need to be blocked.
As you can see, Block and accessing websites on windows is not hard at all and although not all methods are considered in this piece be sure that you now are aware of the most popular way to go about it on a windows platform